Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gearing up for a Harvest!

It's been a long time since I've kept up my blog. A lot has happened since my last post - some good, some not. Some days it almost seems a waste of time to even try to keep this up. Other days, I get really enthusiastic and think, "I can do this!"  Most of the time the enthusiasm passes quickly and I get back to procrastinating. :)

But today, I decided that I'd just start out slowly and put up a small post. Surely, I can write a couple of paragraphs and post something to sort of break the 'log jam' (Can you tell I've been watching a lot of Here Come the Brides reruns?) So as I was thinking about what to write about, I came up with an idea.

Gearing up for a Harvest.  I put up a little picture of some of my garden harvest from last year. These are the pickled beets - yummy - and bread and butter pickles I canned. That's one kind of harvest . . .

another kind of harvest is the one that we reap in good works, perseverance and persistence - such as in our writing lives.  Guess part of my writing harvest is coming in soon with the publication of my children's mystery, The Search for the Madonna.  On May 15th, I'll have an actual book with my name on the cover!  I've waited a really, really, really long time for this harvest and now it's coming true. I'm reaping from my persistence, perseverance and plain old hard work! Hopefully, some other 'seeds' of writing that I have sown over the past few years will start to bear fruit soon.

And that's my thought for today!  Hope your harvests are coming in too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a busy woman, I'm glad you're finally reaping the benefits of your hard work! Congratulations! Now I can say...I knew you when...Now, post more often, I like to hear from you once in a while..hehehehe

Marlayne Giron said...

Congratulations on your new book! Isn't it fabulous to hold a book in your hands that has YOU NAME on it? Mine came out a year ago April. I tried to click on following your blog but there isn't a "follow" widget. We have a lot in common - want to get to know each other better?

Marlayne Giron