Monday, February 11, 2008



Looks like we're in for a little snow tonight. I'm glad that I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow. As long as it clears by Wednesday when I have to take the boys to LOL, I'm fine. Maybe I can stay inside and get some writing done.

So far, I am doing good on my friend, Patty's, FEBO project. I have two contest entries OUT. I am about halfway through my editing of the WIP. I'm still 17K over and have figured out a plan. I'm going to aim for a book that finishes out at 60K. If that's too much and an editor wants to buy the dirty darned thing, they can help me cut. I'm going to be doing good cutting the last 7K. I've also printed and sent out a short story, "Girl vs. Grump," and about five queries to agents. If I can manage to keep my momentum, I'm going to do a few more queries to editors and agents until the end of February. So, I have some of my goals finished, a few in progress and a few still looming ahead.

One of my goals was to do a synopsis and prologue for an adult mystery. I worked on the prologue today. It's not awful but it's not terrific yet either. My main problem will be finding people to read it and tell me where it needs work. It's not a "pretty" story but I don't think it's too graphic either.

It has been bitterly cold here the past few days. I've snuggled up with the cats, books and some of my counted cross stitch. I'm making good progress with my state fair sampler. The cows are done, except for hooves and eyes. The little line of Mason jars filled with pickles are about a third done. Soon I'll be moving on to horses.

Thought I'd add a small picture of the Dionne Quints playing in the snow. Lately, I've been slowly selling off parts of my Quint collection on ebay. I'm trying to just keep what has the most meaning for me. Some of my memorabilia is unique and I wouldn't part with it for anything. On the other hand, some pieces aren't my favorites. Why take up room in my bins when I could sell them for cash?

Time to find some books and go read. I don't have to get up early tomorrow for anything. Sure hope I'm not too tired to stay up late!

4 comments:

CJ Kennedy said...

Pj's inside out. Hope you get your snowday and a relaxing day to boot

The Word Place said...

You leave me breathless, Donna--you are getting some important goals accomplished! Query letters are beyond me at this point--but I've got to get there!

Hope you have a relaxing day!

Anonymous said...

I admire you for doing so well on your FEBO goals! Congrats!!!

Patty Kyrlach said...

You remain my inspiration! You're doing better with FEBO than I am!!!