The Desk Part 2
Well, as you can see by the picture the desk is now somewhat in place. It's still untidy because I'm slowly going through files, junk, etc. trying to find the best place. You can see the new wallpaper but the picture doesn't really do it justice. It's actually prettier than I expected. The room is also in a state of flux as I still have to:
1. Finish the wallpaper.
2. Paint some of the woodwork and the ceiling.
3. Refinish the floor (summer job.)
4. Bring in the bookcase and put the books on it.
5. Find a decent desk chair. I'm sitting on an old sewing chair which has to be the most uncomfortable one ever made.
6. Get some pictures framed and up on the walls and desk.
Eventually, I'll get everything done but for right now I'm taking my time. The computer is on the desk, all the cords and plugs are woven through the holes in back of the desk and everything but the speakers work. I'm finding I really enjoy having a handy little drawer for pencils, tape, glue and small desk type odds and ends.
Not much happening to write about lately. Easter and Easter break came and went. I managed to get some things done during the break:
1. Cleaned out a lot of email folders and files.
2. Caught up - almost - on crits.
3. Made a list of writing projects I have to do.
4. Wrote a couple of unit studies for the new Gryphon House books. Not as many as I could have but I tried.
5. Read a couple of books.
6. Started some research for the Stepmother book.
7. Worked at getting all of Cattle Rustler into a file. This is turning into quite a project but I'm determined not to give up and quit. I will finish this book.
8. As always my project list outgrew my time span but I did get a few things marked off my list.
We have about eight more weeks or school - or maybe nine - so I need to get a lot of things done before the boys are out for the summer. Am not sure what my writing schedule will look like for the summer ----
Time will tell.