Tuesday, May 01, 2007


Boing, boing, boing----the weather has finally warmed up here. We got up into the 80's today! I was actually HOT.


A few days ago, BIL #2 put up the giant trampoline given to the boys by BIL #1. It took a lot of stretching but they managed to get it attached to all the springs.


Miah and Taylor had fun bouncing up and down until they were dizzy. We put baby, Emma, on for a bit. She loved the motion and got quite brave at running from one side to the other, swaying like a

sailor at sea. MacKenzie, another baby cousin, got a big grin and cried when she had to get off.


Almost wish we still had the giant netting that goes around the trampoline--you could put the babies in there--big and small--and let them play!


School is almost OUT! When did that happen? And where did my lovely, long, hours of working go? Time to fashion a new routine for the summer with lots of porch swinging and ice cream.


We made our second trip to the garden store today. The boys got a flat of annuals to plant in their new gardens. I decided to go minimal and bought two carnations and a sweet scented mini rose named, "Cupcake." It's a pinkish yellow and cute as a baby rose!


The "Cookies and Milk" page is up today at: www.timesgazette.com. I did a craft idea and word scramble this month. The girls and I have decided to allow two to write big articles and one to do some smaller activity. Time to put on my crafting imagination and thing of other crafts. June is Mystery month because everyone loves a good mystery!

4 comments:

Erica Vetsch said...

OOO! I love a good mystery. And I love summer too. All those long days of beautiful weather. :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Can't wait for summer. So ready for school to be out now! Porch swing sounds lovely

Leona said...

I can't wait for summer! I'm ready for warmth now! I love the idea of a porch swing! If I ever get a house with property, that's what I'm going to have. Yep...I think so! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, lovely weather here too, truly spring-like. I have a new wooden arbor to sit in and enjoy watching Barkley wreck my garden:)

The page in the paper looks terrific! Well done you!